Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Stalk my Weekend: Birthday, Paris, Sausages

So guess what! D has turned 4. What the heck BBQ! Where did that time go and I'm examining my face for minor wrinkle lines. This is how bad we are as parents. We did not anticipate that kids we invited will do a no show for D's birthday party. Mick said invite only a few.. so we only did 3 kids. How the heck would we know that nobody will come? So this was me on Wed/Thurs... SMSing out "I know it's late notice buttttt.. " And on Friday I rang around trying to get a Spider-Man cake for him from Woolies. I rang Coles by mistake and I was told erm.. have you tried Woolworths very softly on the phone. Ooopss.. Problem solved and a 1.8kg cake procured.


This is us going to go pickup said 1.8kg cake. Pickles is featured in double denim. Woolies lady said that she defrosted the cake at 6.30am. Thanks! That's what I really wanna hear when I buy a cake ya know. LOL I probably shouldn't have told my guests that either but anyway...

1.8kg of 110% sugar cake
That's what a Spider-Man cake looks like people! Run to Woolies and get one if you want a bucket of sugar.


That's the boys playing with D's new Lego sets in their party clothes. LOL D said he wanted the blue party shirt. Yeap.. he normally has pink ones. We had a marinated lamb leg BBQ for lunch with salad. Knowing that we had lamb leg, this only means a bit of leftovers for the night and the next day. To break up the lamb leg BBQ overload. We went sausage sizzle for lunch the next day. 

Sausage sizzle!
Roza's Sauces makes really yummy stuff, you need to check it out. If you sign up to their newsletter you will get a discount code. I learnt about that after placing my order. DOH! I bought remoulade, pesto and chutney this time. I have to confess we ate almost half a jar of remoulade with fish and chips for one dinner. Oopss... no low fat here!

Also in the picture was the Scanpan IQ Grill Pan that was sent to me by the folks at Kitchenware Direct. Can I start off by saying I had meant to get a grill pan for ages. I just never got around to it but check out the other Grill pans they have in stock. The reason why I had been wanting one for ages? I am not usually a big steak eater but once in a while, I just really want a steak. And you know those lovely chargrilled marks you get on the lovely hunk of meat? Psychologically I think it makes the food taste better. We Mick has used the grill pan for cooking steak and I think it gets hotter an a normal frying pan and holds the heat better too so he has not figured out the right timing for his steaks yet. It also drains any fat as you can see from the sausages above so your food is not sitting in fat.

This is Paris
Also on Sunday, D was given this chocolate biscuit as a snack after swimming. I was stunned because he said oh.. look, this is Paris. Mick and I had our huh face on because I never thought he knew about Paris, much less there is a tower like that there. Proud... 

And everyone's favourite section as I had been very skincare and makeup focused lately. This is what I wore on Sunday. My hair was straightened -> WOOHOO! Some of you will say OMG Ling your hair is already straight! 

My top was from Ralph Lauren many moons ago. The necklace is called Midsummer Night's from Popbasic. Eyeshadow was Tom Ford not that you can see it and lipstick was Chanel Coco Shine Rebelle. You will have to put up with my bad posing in the future too.

22 comments:

  1. Oh wow D is now 4! Happy Birthday D! He is close to school age now!

    Too bad about the kids not showing up to the party, at least D got to have his super cake though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah can't believe it!
      He doesn't go to school next year unfortunately as he misses the cut off in Vic. So odd, I don't understand it.

      Delete
    2. That's annoying with the school cut off, I was a young-un at school and turned out OK (I think haha). My birthday is May 14, I'm glad I didn't have to wait another year for school back then. Happy birthday D! And I love your necklace!

      Delete
  2. wow, I can't believe D is 4! pickles is so cute in his RL shirt.

    you look gorgeous, love that top! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the RL Shirts! Oh my little niece started rattling off about the Eiffel tower and Paris after watching Barbie on telly when she was about 3. Since then, every church like building is 'Paris' to her haha.

    Looking gorgeous Ling, and OMG straight hair ;)

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAA Pretty sure that they don't watch Barbie... mmm unless I don't know about it.
      Yeap the RL shirts I think were from my mum but they have so many!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, D!

    Love your cake and your mummy's hair!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday D! I hope you ended up having a few friends over for D. It's a little bit hard when they're old enough for birthday parties but too young to have any real friends. They boys certainly look happy with that lego though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! Ahhh it's all good.. I was kind of stressing they were going to come because I hardly ever talk to their parents.
      They love lego so much!

      Delete
  6. Wow, your hair is getting long! Gorgeous :)

    I hope D enjoyed his presents xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't look it when you see it right?
      Only when straightened and he had cut some off a few weeks ago!
      He did! We were playing with your gift.

      Delete
  7. I was hanging out for this post!

    Happy birthday, D!! Soon he'll be sneaking drives in your car and running with girls. ;)

    So sorry I couldn't make it, I'd have loved to come (particularly after I basically invited myself)! Food looks amazeballs, as always. The cake looked pretty professional too!

    You look gorgeous, and I'm so happy you've been playing with your iron!

    P.S. How nice of the person at Coles to suggest Woolies! That's good customer service right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How good is that lady for telling me they were at Woolies. LOL she sort of whispered down the phone.
      We had lamb again that day but you have already tasted it. ;)

      Yeah man so fast! Are we getting old?

      Delete
  8. One hot Mumma!

    Wow! 4 years old! Is he excited about going to school yet? Happy belated Birthday D!

    I have also been thinking about the grill set - do you think its worth it?!

    - KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grill set? There is a set?
      I am thinking that one is sufficient for now. How many steaks are you cooking LOL.

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday D! He is so grown up now!

    The cake looks amazing, I think I will get my boyfriend a Spiderman cake for his next birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOH yeahhh they come in a smaller size for $22. I think it was 700-800g. In hindsight I should have bought that one! You know they even had Hello Kitty!

      Delete
  10. I am so hungry after reading that. Meat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable he knew it was Paris!! <3 <3

    ewww defrosted cake :P Happy Birthday D!

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...