Saturday, December 8, 2012

Flower Temple QV Melbourne



I have been meaning to go to Flower Temple in QV for a LONG time. It used to be in Melbourne Central and I used to browse it quite a bit. It is just a little tucked away in the maze of stupid alleyways and wind tunnels in QV that I have not been there for a long time. I went in to get little ball like hanging glass air plant holders for my kitchen window. It had been on the plan for a LONG time... another one of the 10,000 plans that I have for my house.


But when I walked in, there were soooo many pretty flowers. The shop had a lot of peonies and they looked really gorgeous. I bought some as well and chose a half bloomed bunch. I know David Austen roses and Peonies were high up the list for some brides. But as I was missing the bridezilla gene, I pretty much flipped a magazine and pointed to one picture that contained Singapore Orchids and Roses. Yeah that'll do I told my girlfriend who was the florist. Something like that! I did not notice that they swapped the colour for something else that was better quality on the day. Dude - no bride would dare complain about her wedding flowers if they only cost $190 for the entire lot.  


These are the Peonies that I bought when I .. cough I mean Mick set them up in the lounge room. I wished that my vase was vintage so and so from an Op Shop like Kiki Chaos who is so talented in procuring pretty Op Shop scores. But it is a generic Krosnos. 

Do you have a flower budget? I have severely cut frills since I had children. Those two little money suckers cost me 2 pairs of Louboutins each month just for childcare. So these flowers were my perk of the week while they lasted. What flowers do you prefer? Tell me more, talk to me!!! 

14 comments:

  1. Love love love peonies! Have you been to Spring Hill peony farm? I missed out last month but I'm hoping to see them at the farmers market and stock up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is this place you speak of?!!! I must look this up! Ta :)

      Delete
    2. Yes indeedy .. I think that I need to look this up! $25 was what I paid for the bunch which I think is a little expensive to maintain.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sending virtual tulips to my fav preggie Mama.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty.

    I love Lillie's and Singapore orchids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOohhh yes Singapore Orchids too definitely. I used to get them for my grandma and it is also because they were very lasting.

      Delete
  4. I friggin love this place!

    Orchids hold sentimental value for me. They're my grandma's favourite. Lilies are another firm favourite in our household, but god they end up stinking so badly. Peonies are stunning but often exxy..not easy to get hold of either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man yes Lilies smell so baddddd when they are starting to go off. If you have a cat (like me) i heard that the pollen is poisonous to them. So you have to cut off the pollen stems.

      Delete
  5. peonies are my favourite, those are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL about your comments on childcare fees!! I used to get flowers all the time - before kids. Perth definitely needs more flower shops like these...I would love some in the cbd so I can browse during work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh.. sames.. pre-children.. post-children. What a difference! LOL

      Delete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...