Monday, October 8, 2012

Stalk my Weekend: Costco, Giant Pizza, Baking


Fits 2 kids in this Giant Trolley
I have not been to Costco in ages! Our membership had lapsed in August which means our last visit was in July. This also means that I have been trooping off to Docklands, fighting carparking stress and hauling 200,000 rolls of toilet paper from Costco for more than a year! You would be wondering if I always dress the boys in the same animal ear hoodie. Yes they have other clothes, but honestly it's so adorable.

Everything is larger than life at Costco
I have never had any food from the crazy Costco food place before. It is always so busy and looks insane. I was in the queue thinking I need 2 slices of pizza and a drink. When I glanced over at what a slice looked like on other people's plates, I thought ermmm make that 1 slice as a snack between all of us. I choose cheese as it is the "safest". It was indeedy very satisfying and greasy.

I do not need air, I need this sugar hit
I thought that the boys would hate this if it was raspberry. Oh was I wrong! Pickles would not let go and it became an embarrassing scream fest if you dared to take a sip and take the cup from him. The two of them started fighting and pushing in the trolley, Pickles would shove D and try to grab the cup back. D would turn himself away from Pickles and omg the screaming! So I had take D out of the trolley... and I do not know how he did not get a brain freeze from drinking so quickly. And number two, I felt sick at how much sugar he was getting. I am sure you are secretly judging me now!

I'm hiding from your flash Mum
This is how you pack a small car with your kids and Costco haul. You stack like a mad person. And you make the kids sit with their legs on top of the 200,000 rolls of toilet paper you have bought. You do this one every 6 months or something so they will deal with it. This is not a bad stack, there was once the paper towel had to go between the two boys. See people, living proof you do not need a 4WD when you have kids. You just need a stacker like Mick to sort out the shopping.

20000000000 rolls of Toilet Paper!

Here's my exciting haul... 200,000 rolls of toilet paper or something, paper towel, noodles, 184 Kirkland nappies (holler). I swear this Costco brand is the same as Huggies. I have bought them once but they were not crash hot but now they are now better. Nappy pants for L because for some reason he started saying he wanted to wear underwear and helped himself to D's. And no.. D does not need nappies anymore. I cannot believe how much money I have saved since then. This is why I am now able to buy makeup!

Child labour at chocolate cake baking
Because it was also my "birthday weekend" yes yes birthday outfit coming up.. the boys made me chocolate cakes. The problem was once it was baked, D started stealing the cakes off the benchtop. Then claim it was an accident after he gnawed off the top of them. Omg!

17 comments:

  1. Costo scares me. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Costco also scares me. Ya know I cannot push the damn trolley? And the carpark is the worst! Massive big heavy trolleys and no separate pedestrian lanes! Ridiculous.

      Delete
  2. Apparently next year they are building a Costco in Ringwood.

    I am a little scared of the potential traffic this will cause in Ringwood, but yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeappp I heard that they have a site ready in RIngwood for next year. I only hope for you (if you live near there) that they fix the carparking issues in Docklands. But you'll love Costco - bulk buying winning.

      Delete
  3. Costco doesn't exist in Adelaide so this is all very interesting to me! :) I'm glad it's not here though as I can do without the pizza and IKEA style food! (I'm not judging - I ate nothing but junk last week when I was away for work... *hangs head* lol!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL i know. I have never even looked at the takeaway place. But the pizza can be bought to take home! It was so big my friend said it didn't fit in her oven! It would never fit in mine!

      Delete
  4. Awwwwww Did the boys love that they were able to sit together?
    I love Costco for the cheap champagne! I dont mind the carpark but then again I don't think i've been on the weekend :/ I'm not that brave!

    -KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love it.. sometimes they hug each other. But this time, there was a push and shove going on over raspberry smoothie. :S

      Delete
  5. Loves. Your boys are much too cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you got the toilet paper - we can never leave there without the toilet paper. Check out their arancini in the pasta section next time - super yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG i saw those and bought gnocchi instead. I might post a review - but I cannot keep up with posts.

      Delete
  7. Your boys are super cute. I love the bargains in Costco but its so busy at my local one that you have to time it just right or you end up walking out with nothing!

    www.prettylusciousthings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! The one in Melbourne Australia has 5 pack Calvin Klein underwear for cheap. I cannot remember how much it is right now.

      Delete
  8. If I had kids as cute as yours, I would dress them in animal ear hoodies all the time too!

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...