Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Got milk!

I used to stand in line at the supermarkets and wonder who on earth would buy those 3litre bottles of milk.
Well.. points thumbs to self. I do now.

I cannot remember the exact moment when our household started going through 3litres in like 2 days. Picture this image of Pickles standing at the fridge door in desperation YELLING at us. AHHHH AHHHHHH And sometimes he yells MILKKKKKKKK. And everyone thinks he is an angel.

Everyone knows I am a big bargain hunter. It is called tightness so that I can afford those designzerz goodiez. :) But I made a conscious effort to pick up non-Woolworth/Safeway or non-Coles branded milk today. $1 a litre yay for us consumers and we are now used to paying that much. But I had guilt the other day about anti-competitiveness and about the dairy farmers. So think of the farmers people!

Oh hai I has milk
FYI Home Brand milk froths really badly in the Nespresso frother if anyone is interested. Aldi brand is good but not Home Brand!

So I bought Pura and honestly if you have a look at the shelves there is one "level" of this brand now and not much else. Which is not a good sign as a consumer that wants choice.


6 comments:

  1. I'm the same, refuse to buy supermarket brand milk on principle. Good to know that that the independents' milk froths like a dream!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. it's lousy quality as well the few times that I have bought them. Now i have completely stopped. If i don't want choices I go to Aldi. 2 lines premium, basic that's it. I go to the Big 2 for choice of brands.

      Delete
  2. I refuse to buy supermarket branded ANYTHING! And always to try to buy Aussie wherever possible... It's getting harder and harder these days though.
    We buy the Pure Organic milk 2litres for over $5 !!! Yikes! And now that my little one is weaned to cows milk we go through it nearly as quick as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's cheaper for you to go back to formula LOL.. Omg i cannot believe how quickly we run out. It's amazing.

      Delete
  3. I consider myself very lucky to live right near a very big independent supermarket. Any time I have had to pop into Coles or Woolworths recently I have just been frustrated at the inability to find what I want, it's all self-branded stuff, many of which, if you read the labels, are produced overseas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I go to Leo's more often as it has a lot of premium items. Giant shell pastas and things that you cannot get elsewhere but their prices are not that expensive.

      Delete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...