Monday, June 20, 2011

Pursuing Apple Crumble - Winter Foods

I can remember distinctively the start of obsessing about apple crumble. I was teaching pole that Saturday and I must have had a function or something. I went home and Mick had cooked a really nice apple crumble made. He winged it and did not follow a recipe. Every apple crumble after that was just not as good as that one. And we never knew why. He tried adding oats, almond meal and everything.
The funny thing is, I have never made one as I do not like rubbing the butter into the flour - don't ask. I think it's a throwback of fearing pastry. So I stumbled on this recipe from Exclusively Food. I used 4 small Granny Smiths, I might use 5 small ones next time. And I used a food processor to get the butter into the flour. It worked a treat - so easy. The hardest part really is getting the apples peeled and chopped into pieces.
My first series in Winter Foods, this is the time of the year where I get cooking. Hope to blog more soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...