Monday, July 20, 2009

Kathmandu Neck Gaiter!

Any Kathmandu fans here?? Mick lovessss the outdoors but is starting to suffer from the cold at his work. The poor man drags himself away from us in the cold to start work at 7.15am. Anyone in Melbourne now would know that the weather has been icy cold. When I was pregnant, I trooped to the city Kathmandu store to grab a fleece neck gaiter for him at half price. Half price = $15, that's fine as long as he liked it. Working around machinery it means that Mick cannot wear neck scarves for his work. It might get caught up in something and strangle him. So he has to wear neck gaiters which is basically a tube made of polar fleece. Kathmandu may claim their fleece may be more superior than my Darn Cheap Fabric fleece but fleece to me is fleece. So he wanted one that could cover the back of his neck if he pulls it up higher to cover his nose. I bought half a metre of the thicker polar fleece that they had available. Cut it out and sewed one for him in about 10 minutes. It took me a little time to work out how I was to do it but it took no time at all. I think I will make another one for him and show steps to make it as I think it will be trashed very soon in the vineyard.
Ta da.. less than 10 minutes and about $8 for 2 neck gaiters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...